Will Slappey’s business (IT Voice) had bought 8 businesses in the two years leading up to his chat with Brendan. That conversation was recorded 4 weeks ago. Since then, he has acquired two more.
In short, he knows a thing or two about acquiring business in the ICT market. Check out this episode to hear his views on M&A during a recession, valuation methodologies, retaining key staff, and much more.
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:30 Factors for acquisition
- 14:20 Range of Multiple when acquiring a company
- 19:00 Does a recession market present more opportunity
- 24:10 Impact of a recession coupled with inflation
- 27:40 Integration cost lessons
- 35:25 How to keep the staff after an acquisition
- 40:50 Keeping the same name or changing it
- 43:40 Being diligent with the buying processes
- 49:45 Owner seller – retaining stake or earn out?
- 53:45 IT Voice growth journey
This podcast is brought to you by Lightwire Business – the telco that compliments your MSP service offering instead of competing with it. Check out how you can add more revenue to your MSP with (white labelled) voice, data, and managed solutions at: https://www.lightwirebusiness.com/